All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionAs more veterans return from deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, more are needing care for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and combat-related traumatic brain injuries (TBI). While there are several treatment and recovery options, outlets for support, and other resources, understanding and gaining access to them is often difficult or confusing. In Combat-Related Traumatic Brain Injury and PTSD: A Resource and Recovery Guide, authors Cheryl Lawhorne and Don Philpott offer guidance for returning veterans, from treatment options, to diagstic criteria and techniques, to resources for rehabilitation and support. The authors begin discussions of TBI and PTSD by offering definitions of each, outlining the risk factors, and exploring the relationship between the two. They then move on to provide explanations of diagstic criteria, treatment options, prevention techniques, and barriers to seeking care. Sections on the important role that insurance and health care plays, and on the support of family and friends, round out this useful and accessible volume. This is an essential guide for returning veterans, their families, and all who work with veterans suffering from PTSD and TBI.
- Author BiographyCheryl Lawhorne is the Deputy Project Manager for the Recovery Care Coordination Program with the Wounded Warrior Regiment in Quantico, Virginia under the guidance of Headquarters Marine Corps and the Office of the Secretary of Defense. She is a co-author of The Military Marriage Manual (GI, 2010). Don Philpott has been writing, reporting, and broadcasting on international events, trouble spots, and major news stories for almost 40 years. He is the author or co-author of more than 90 books, including The Wounded Warrior Handbook (GI, 2008).
- Author(s)Cheryl Lawhorne-Scott,Don Philpott
- PublisherGovernment Institutes Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/08/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleMilitary Life
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationRockville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGovernment Institutes Inc.,U.S.
- Weight422 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.