All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe combat techniques of Tai Ji, Ba Gua, and Xing Yi were forbidden during China's Cultural Revolution, but the teachings of grandmaster Wang Pei Shing have survived. This comprehensive guide, written by one of his students, selects core movements from each practice and gives the student powerful tools to recognize the unique strategies and skills, and to develop a deeper understanding, of each style. It contains complete instructions for a 16-posture form to gain mastery of combat techniques. The book helps practitioners achieve a new level of practice, where deeply ingrained skills are brought forth in a more fluid, intuitive, and fast-paced fashion.
- Author BiographyAuthor Lu Shengli has spent his entire life cultivating the skills of the internal styles of taijiquan, xingyiquan, baguazhang, and other traditional martial arts. Starting in the 1970s, he studied internal martial arts with master Luo Shuhuan and grandmaster Wang Peisheng. He has taught in Beijing since 1984, where he is a martial arts instructor of the Beijing Wu Style Taiji Quan Association and an instructor at the Beijing Information Technology Institute. Translator and editor Zhang Yun, from Beijing, China, is a student of Luo Shuhuan and Wang Peisheng and lives near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He has taught internal martial arts in the United State since 1989 and is the president and head instructor of the Yin Cheng Gong Fa Association, North American Headquarters. He has published more than fifteen articles and is the author of The Art of Chinese Swordsmanship: A Manual of Taiji Jian. Translator and editor Susan Darley, Ph.D., has studied taijiquan with Zhang Yun since 1995. She assists Zhang Yun in teaching classes and seminars and writing books and articles.
- Author(s)Lu Shengli,Zhang Yun
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/02/2006
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date19/11/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight912 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.