Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionCombat With Pirates: The Adventures of Admiral Napoleon and the Independent Fleet Some of the most evil pirates in history lived, plundered, tortured, and murdered in the 17th and 18th centuries, pirates who delighted in the agony and suffering of victims from all nations and to whom torture and murder were daily occurrences. They find their nemesis in a small dog named Napoleon who starts from thing to build an invincible navy manned by a crew of men and women, Africans and Indians, dogs, cats, rats, chimpanzees and bobos, gorillas, bears, jaguars, eagles, whales, sharks, and dolphins. While languishing in a dungeon beneath a pirate stronghold and faced with torture and death, they learn to fight with sword, spear, cutlass, and the martial arts, becoming a fighting force like other and a family dedicated to each other in spite of their origins. After a desperate insurrection and capture of a single pirate ship against huge odds, they build the Independent Fleet beholden to government or country with the mission of sailing the world's oceans to fight evil wherever they find it. Their travels and adventures put them in the thick of combat with pirates of all kinds, with the forces of slavery, the evils of whaling, the cruelty of animal fighting, the horrors of the Spanish Inquisition, and outlaws both on land and sea. Desperate gun battles with enemy ships and even more desperate boarding actions and hand to hand fighting adds ship after ship to their squadron until the Independent Fleet becomes more powerful than any European navy in the Caribbean Sea and far more effective in destroying pirates. Combat With Pirates is a swashbuckling adventure of hand to hand and hand to paw combat, battles between single warships, squadrons of warships, and battles between entire fleets. Along the way, the dangers encountered by spies, traitors, and undercover agents unfold and love stories develop. Earthquakes, tsunamis, and ocean storms add to the dangers. Desperate battles between humans and animals and between squadrons of powerful warships fill the life and times of Admiral Napoleon and his remarkable fighting forces, while pirates and murderers come to rue the day they come up against him. Heroes come in all shapes, sizes, genders, and species, and Combat With Pirates introduces us to many of them. The golden age of piracy will never be the same when pirates come up against Admiral Napoleon and the Independent Fleet.
- Author(s)Harold J Hovel
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight1034 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.