Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionCombinatorial Reasoning: An Introduction to the Art of Counting and Solutions Manual Written by two well-kwn scholars in the field, Combinatorial Reasoning: An Introduction to the Art of Counting presents a clear and comprehensive introduction to the concepts and methodology of beginning combinatorics. Focusing on modern techniques and applications, the book develops a variety of effective approaches to solving counting problems. Balancing abstract ideas with specific topical coverage, the book utilizes real world examples with problems ranging from basic calculations that are designed to develop fundamental concepts to more challenging exercises that allow for a deeper exploration of complex combinatorial situations. Simple cases are treated first before moving on to general and more advanced cases. Additional features of the book include: Approximately 700 carefully structured problems designed for readers at multiple levels, many with hints and/or short answers Numerous examples that illustrate problem solving using both combinatorial reasoning and sophisticated algorithmic methods A vel approach to the study of recurrence sequences, which simplifies many proofs and calculations Concrete examples and diagrams interspersed throughout to further aid comprehension of abstract concepts A chapter-by-chapter review to clarify the most crucial concepts covered Combinatorial Reasoning: An Introduction to the Art of Counting is an excellent textbook for upper-undergraduate and beginning graduate-level courses on introductory combinatorics and discrete mathematics Solutions manual to accompany Combinatorial Reasoning: An Introduction to the Art of Counting Written by well-kwn scholars in the field, Combinatorial Reasoning: An Introduction to the Art of Counting introduces combinatorics alongside modern techniques, showcases the interdisciplinary aspects of the topic, and illustrates how to problem solve with a multitude of exercises throughout. The authors' approach is very reader-friendly and avoids the scholarly tone found in many books on this topic.
- Author(s)Duane DeTemple
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1116 g
- Width164 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine42 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.