All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionCombinatorics and Reasoning: Representing, Justifying and Building Isomorphisms is based on the accomplishments of a cohort group of learners from first grade through high school and beyond, concentrating on their work on a set of combinatorics tasks. By studying these students, the editors gain insight into the foundations of proof building, the tools and environments necessary to make connections, activities to extend and generalize combinatoric learning, and even explore implications of this learning on the undergraduate level. This volume underscores the power of attending to basic ideas in building arguments; it shows the importance of providing opportunities for the co-construction of kwledge by groups of learners; and it demonstrates the value of careful construction of appropriate tasks. Moreover, it documents how reasoning that takes the form of proof evolves with young children and discusses the conditions for supporting student reasoning.
- Date of Publication23/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight379 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byArthur B. Powell,Carolyn A. Maher,Elizabeth B. Uptegrove
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.