All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
About this product
- DescriptionCombinatorics and Reasoning: Representing, Justifying and Building Isomorphisms is based on the accomplishments of a cohort group of learners from first grade through high school and beyond, concentrating on their work on a set of combinatorics tasks. By studying these students, the editors gain insight into the foundations of proof building, the tools and environments necessary to make connections, activities to extend and generalize combinatoric learning, and even explore implications of this learning on the undergraduate level. This volume underscores the power of attending to basic ideas in building arguments; it shows the importance of providing opportunities for the co-construction of kwledge by groups of learners; and it demonstrates the value of careful construction of appropriate tasks. Moreover, it documents how reasoning that takes the form of proof evolves with young children and discusses the conditions for supporting student reasoning.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMathematics Education Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 47
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight523 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byArthur B. Powell,Carolyn A. Maher,Elizabeth B. Uptegrove
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.