All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Basic Fundamentals to Advanced Design Applications A culmination of the author's more than 20 years of research efforts, academic papers, and lecture tes, Combine Harvesters: Theory, Modeling, and Design outlines the key concepts of combine harvester process theory and provides you with a complete and thorough understanding of combine harvester processes. Utilizing a wealth of experimental data to promote validated mathematical models, this book presents the latest stochastic and deterministic modeling methods, evolutionary computational techniques, and practical applications. Highly focused on engineering and mathematics, it incorporates the use of simulation software (including MATLAB(R)) throughout the text and introduces a unified approach that can be used for any combine harvester functional structure. The book addresses modeling, simulation, evolutionary optimization, and combine process design. Breadth of coverage includes general technical specifications, developing machine layout as defined by engineering calculations, and design considerations for major subassembly processes. Comprised of 15 chapters, this text: * Provides examples of current combine systems/elements design throughout the book * Incorporates applications/exercises inspired by the author's engineering and research experience * Uses both SI (metric) and imperial/U.S. measuring units throughout Combine Harvesters: Theory, Modeling, and Design contains principles, calculations, and examples that can aid you in combine process modeling and simulation, the development of combine process and driving task-based control systems by considering a top-to-bottom design of combine assembly and components.
- Author BiographyPetre Miu is the owner of Projenics (www.projenics.net), Canada. He worked as a research associate at the Biosystems Engineering Department, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and as a professor at the Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania. Dr. Miu began his most prolific and prestigious scientific work in Stuttgart, Germany, at Hohenheim University, Institute of Agricultural Engineering, where the German government awarded him two consecutive postdoctoral Alexander von Humboldt research grants. He has extensive experience in the design of harvesting machinery and equipment, and in other areas, including computer numerical control machining centers, robotics, and electronic packaging of radio frequency radar systems.
- Author(s)Petre Miu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note339 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations, 34 black & white tables
- Weight1043 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.