All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.35
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionBy beginning a conversation that encourages self-examination and compassion, Combined Destinies invites readers to look at how white Americans have been hurt by the very ideology that their ancestors created. Editors Ann Todd Jealous and Caroline T. Haskell, both experienced psychotherapists skilled at facilitating dialogue about racial issues, are cognizant of the challenges that even the thought of such conversations often presents. Their book is based on the premise that for positive and lasting change to occur, hearts as well as minds must be opened. This courageous anthology posits that unearned privilege has damaged the psyche of white people as well as their capacity to understand racism. Drawing on the intimate stories of diverse contributors, Combined Destinies is organized thematically, with individual chapters focusing on topics such as guilt, shame, silence, and resistance. The book includes an extensive reader's guide, posing questions for discussion pertaining to each chapter and offering readers a chance to explore their own experiences.
- Author BiographyAnn Todd Jealous is a former marriage and family therapist with a long history of supporting civil rights. Caroline T. Haskell is a licensed clinical social worker and founding director of Health and Wellness Services at California State University - Monterey Bay and the campus affiliate director for the National Coalition Building Institute in Washington DC.
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byAnn Todd Jealous,Caroline T. Haskell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.