Combining Targeted Biological Agents with Radiotherapy: Current Status and Future Directions by William Small (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $278.12+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionRadiotherapy plays an integral role in Cancer treatment. Approximately 60% of Cancer patients will receive radiotherapy at some point in their treatment. A major improvement in patient outcomes occurs with the use of combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy. The combination of targeted biological agents with radiotherapy is the latest cutting-edge extension in Cancer therapy for Radiation Oncologists. Combining Targeted Biological Agents with Radiotherapy: Current Status and Future Directions is an overview of the current state of clinical and pre-clinical research in combining radiotherapy with targeted biological agents to fight Cancer. The text provides a general overview of targeted agents, reviews the current clinical trials, and includes a look at the future of this state-of-the-art practise. This book begins with a general overview of the topic, including an introduction to the subject; the basic science rationale behind the two most important current targeted agents: epidermal growth factor (EGFR) receptors and vascular epithelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors; the dermatologic manifestations of targeted agents; and an introduction to radioimmutherapy a treatment that has the ability to combine targeted agents directly with radiotherapy. The second half of the book focuses on specific disease sites, including Malignant Gliomas, Head and Neck, Lung, Pancreatic, Cervical and Endometrial Cancers. Biologically targeted agents promise to be the next significant breakthrough in Cancer therapy. Written by leading experts in the field, Combining Targeted Biological Agents with Radiotherapy is a comprehensive evaluation of the entire field.
- Author BiographyWilliam Small, Jr, MD is Professor of Radiation Oncology and Vice-Chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Northwestern University. He is the Associate Medical Director of the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, and serves on the editorial board of the American Journal of Hematology/Oncology Review and Cancer News.
- Author(s)William Small
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width178 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.