All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombustion Thermodynamics and Dynamics builds on a foundation of thermal science, chemistry, and applied mathematics that will be familiar to most undergraduate aerospace, mechanical, and chemical engineers to give a first-year graduate-level exposition of the thermodynamics, physical chemistry, and dynamics of advection-reaction-diffusion. Special effort is made to link tions of time-independent classical thermodynamics with time-dependent reactive fluid dynamics. In particular, concepts of classical thermochemical equilibrium and stability are discussed in the context of modern nlinear dynamical systems theory. The first half focuses on time-dependent spatially homogeneous reaction, while the second half considers effects of spatially inhomogeneous advection and diffusion on the reaction dynamics. Attention is focused on systems with realistic detailed chemical kinetics as well as simplified kinetics. Many mathematical details are presented, and several quantitative examples are given. Topics include foundations of thermochemistry, reduced kinetics, reactive Navier-Stokes equations, reaction-diffusion systems, laminar flame, oscillatory combustion, and detonation.
- Author BiographyJoseph M. Powers is a professor in the Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana. His research uses computational science to consider the dynamics of high-speed reactive fluids, especially as it applies to verification and validation of complex multiscale systems. He has held positions at the NASA Lewis Research Center, the Air Force Research Laboratory, the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He is a member of AIAA, APS, ASME, the Combustion Institute, and SIAM, and is the recipient of numerous teaching awards.
- Author(s)Joseph M. Powers
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note146 b/w illus. 17 tables
- Weight1010 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine32 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.