Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionCome Follow Me: An Orientation To The Journey is the first in a series of 12 workbooks for Thrive Ministries and produced by Jonathan Brink. In this quarter (Q1) workbook, tribes begin an orientation process, exploring the following ideas: * God is engaged in a mission of restoration and reconciliation. * To fully engage the mission the tribe is working towards a deeper form of intentional community called communitas. * Truth is remarkably simple, does t change and is based on God's declarations. What changes is our perception of truth, specifically dignity, identity, and purpose. * The root problem is a single, false judgment humanity makes about the one's dignity in light of the evidence of evil. We continue to get the original question wrong. * The root problem leads to a functional blindness, which produces pain and suffering. We have way of solving it unless we address the problem creating it. * The Way of Jesus is addresses the root problem through love, which is the judgment of good. It directly addresses the root problem allowing us to restore dignity, identity and purpose. * Restoration requires a process of reconstitution, which is stepping back into our embedded stories and removing the false judgments that captivate us. * Conflict is based on the tension between two different judgments about what is true and can only be reconciled through true justice, which is both truth and grace. * Prayer is central to the process of dis-covering the God image within us. It is a developed conversation that is both heard and seen. * We must practice the Way in order to realize our own restoration.
- Author BiographyJonathan Brink is Managing Director of Thrive Ministries, a missional community formation organization based on the Jesus Model. Jonathan holds a BA in Bible from William Jessup University and an MA in Organizational Leadership from Gonzaga University. Thrive provides church planters, pastors, and every day people a process for engaging the Way of Jesus in a real and practical way. We offer a three-year discipleship process for engaging God's mission of restoration in the context of an intentional community. We also provide training and support for existing churches looking to transition and engage the Jesus Model. He is deeply committed to helping people discover and participate in God's mission of restoration and reconciliation by engaging the Way of Jesus.
- Author(s)Jonathan Brink
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.