Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionImmediately after Pearl Harbor, Johnny O'Leary enlisted in the Marine Corps and was sent to the South Pacific. Join him as he fights his way through two years full of jungle and Japanese. He is stabbed, shot, left for dead, and commissioned. He also receives a letter from his high school sweat heart. Much of this book is based on fact. My father really did all these things in the book. His name was John Henry Collins. He came home, after the war, and married my mother. Until John Collins became our father, we were living the life of a small, divorced family living in poverty. Thousands of Marines, like my father, saved the world from ruin and disaster. Only one Marine came home for Christmas, married my mother, and became my father.
- Author BiographyLeonard Collins was born in Bremerton, Washington to a family of three boys. He began painting and writing novels in 1992 to help work through his pain and suffering following a violent automotive accident while working patrol on the Portland Police Bureau. Leonard is a US Marine veteran of the Vietnam War. Leonard's novels include Police Stories City or Roses volumes 1 & 2, Homicide in Pacific City, and Life after Mary a Ghost Story, and Charley Scrimshaw and the Bird Sanctuary Killing. Leonard lives in Milwaukie, Oregon with his lovely wife Elizabeth.
- Author(s)Leonard G Collins
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.