Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- DescriptionA tall, skinny man in blue jeans stands on a stage, one hand on his banjo, the other raised to the crowd of 15,000 people who have come to celebrate his 90th birthday. 'Come on, sing it!' he shouts, and everyone sings. How did a humble, banjo-playing Harvard University dropout become one of the most influential figures of the twentieth century? This is the story of Pete Seeger - singer, songwriter, social activist, environmentalist - who filled his toolbox with songs and set out to repair whatever in the world was broken.
- Author BiographyMERYL DANZIGER was raised in a musical household where she was free to explore, experiment, and learn music on her own. She has created stories, song, and plays designed to carry on the legacies of influential musicians. It was one of those plays, written in honor of Pete's ninetieth birthday, which led to the creation of this book. A native New Yorker, Meryl lives in Manhattan and works as founder and director of Music House, a unique, highly individualized alternative to traditional music lessons (www.NYCMusicHouse.org)
- Author(s)Meryl Danziger
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight272 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.