All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- Description2012 is the 350th anniversary of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer, w widely used in the Church of England and throughout the Anglican Communion. Comfortable Words draws together some of the world's leading liturgical scholars and historians who offer a comprehensive and accessible study of the Prayer Book and its impact on both Church and society over the last three and a half centuries. Comfortable Words includes new and original scholarship here about the use of the Book of Common Prayer at different periods during its life. It also sets out some key material on the background to the production of both the Tudor books and the seventeenth-century book itself. The book is aimed at scholars, students in theological colleges, courses and universities, but there is sufficient accessibility of style for it to be accessible to others who are interested in the Prayer Book more widely in the church and to intelligent lay people. The book is unique in the way that it studies the Prayer Book and looks at the impact of it, both on the Church and on English society.
- Author BiographyStephen Platten is Bishop of Wakefield and Chair of the Church of England Liturgical Commission. Christopher Woods is Secretary of the Church of England Liturgical Commission and National Worship Development Officer of the Archbishops' Council.
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleSCM Studies in Worship & Liturgy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byChristopher Woods,Stephen Platten
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.