All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionJourneying through the comic art worlds of Africa, Asia, Australia, and Latin America, one cant help being deeply impressed with the longevity, magnitude, and versatility of their cartooning traditions. This is the fourth title in Lent's definitive bibliography of comic art worldwide-the series includes over 30,000 citations. The current volume covers 67 countries on the various continents. The 6,506 items here comprise the richest lode of research materials on comic art in these regions. Three famous cartoonists from Asia (Abu Abraham), Africa and the Middle East (Effat), and the Caribbean (Ares) provide interesting perspectives on their regions in separate forewords. The work is divided by regions, countries, and topics, and, like the others in the series, includes citations in many languages and in published and unpublished formats. The other three volumes are Animation, Caricature, and Gag and Political Cartoons in the United States and Canada; Comic Art of Europe; and Comic Books and Comic Strips in the United States, all published by Greenwood in 1994. Early reviews of these volumes include statements such as, incredible...monumental task [that gets] the art form's reference files in order and you've set the study of comics ahead by about ten years.
- Author BiographyJOHN A. LENT has studied comics for more than thirty years. Besides his professorial duties, he is managing editor of WittyWorld International Cartoon Magazine. He is the author or editor of forty-seven books and monographs, and hundreds of articles. The first three volumes of this international study of comic art literature are: Animation, Caricature, and Gag and Political Cartoons in the United States and Canada: An International Bibliography (Greenwood, 1994), Comic Art of Europe: An International Comprehensive Bibliography (Greenwood, 1994), and Comic Books and Comic Strips in the United States: An International Bibliography (Greenwood, 1994). The third volume of this series was awarded Best Bibliographies in History, 1995, History Section, RASD, American Library Association and 1994 Ray and Pat Browne National Book Award for Best Text, Reference, or Resource Work in the Field of Popular Culture.
- Author(s)John A. Lent
- Date of Publication19/01/1996
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Popular Culture
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 7.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight951 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.