All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComics have a rich and varied history, beginning on the walls of caves and evolving to the sophisticated medium found on websites today. For a kid, comics can be more than entertainment. Comics can be a lifeline to ather world, one in which everyone has the potential to become a superhero and children are welcome to all the power adults have overlooked. Comics: Investigate the History and Techlogy of American Cartooning follows the trajectory of comics from their early incarnations to their current form. Kids learn how to sketch comic faces and bodies, invent a superhero, draw manga characters, and create their own graphic vel or webcomic. Short biographies of famous cartoonists provide inspiration and introduce specific comic styles. Comics introduces the techlogy available to budding young cartoonists, while they channel their creative powers and develop their storytelling skills. Part history, part instruction, pure fun, Comics entertains and informs young readers while challenging them to join the cartooning conversation. This title meets Common Core State Standards for literacy in language art, and social studies; Guided Reading Levels and Lexile measurements indicate grade level and text complexity.
- Author BiographySam Carbaugh is a freelance cartoonist and illustrator. He has illustrated several books for Nomad Press, including Forensics: Uncover the Science and Technology of Crime Scene Investigation and Robotics: Discover the Science and Technology of the Future. He works with many colleges and companies to create informational comics and illustrations. Sam lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleBuild it Yourself
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight457 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Samuel Carbaugh
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Save on Children & YA Non-Fiction
- AU $17.19Trending at AU $17.60
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.