All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a story about Case Vecchie, the most table cooking school in Sicily, the foods it produces & the loyal staff. It includes plus more than 100 traditional Sicilian recipes. It also includes colour photographs to bring the beauty of Case Vecchie to life. Case Vecchie is the most table cooking school in Sicily, a place where life is lived and food prepared the same way it has been for centuries. And this delectable cookbook from owner Fabrizia Lanza is the definitive source of authentic seasonal Sicilian foods. Co-authored with former Gourmet magazine editor Kate Winslow, it tells Fabrizia's story of coming home to the family estate, Regaleali, to assist her ageing mother with the cooking school that she founded in 1989. Fabrizia writes eloquently and in detail about the seasonal harvests, the foods produced (cheeses, jams, olive oil, vin cotto, estratto and more) and the loyal and talented staff who make it all possible. Along the way, she offers more than 100 family recipes that she shares with her students. Guy Ambrosi's stunning colour photographs bring the beauty of Case Vecchie to life.
- Author BiographyFabrizia Lanza resides at Case Vecchie on her family's estate, Regaleali, in central Sicily. For most of her career, she was an art historian and curator in northern Italy, but six years ago she returned to Sicily to help her mother run and promote her renowned cooking school. Now that her mother has passed away, Fabrizia continues on with the help of her loyal staff. Kate Winslow and her husband, photographer Guy Ambrosino, recently spent nine months living and working at Case Vecchie. At Case Vecchie, Kate worked with Fabrizia at the cooking school, collecting recipes for this book, while Guy photographed the harvests and the workers who create all the food products made on the estate.
- Author(s)Fabrizia Lanza
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs
- Weight1152 g
- Width188 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Most relevant reviews
- jacques-esq05 Nov, 2016by
An excellent cookbook!!!
Beautifully presented, this cookbook provides the culinary essentials to Sicily.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.40Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.