All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with wry humor, and poignant prose, this is a unique memoir -- one of the first ever written from the perspective of someone suffering from n-celiac gluten sensitivity. When Delise Dickard was a little girl she began her first story: Once upon a time... She never imagined then that the main character in her first published book would be a protein composite called gluten. She never imagined her journey would bring her to interview world-rewned, scientific experts on the human gut. And once upon a time, she never thought she'd write a book that would find humor in her gastrointestinal malfunctions, her abdominal pain, her bloating, her foggy brain, and her chronic fatigue. But here it is, a book that tells the truth about the real-life hurdles many people face trying to adopt a gluten free lifestyle. Whether you have celiac disease or are just very sensitive to gluten, her story will speak to you. She will make you cry with her, laugh with her, and maybe even double over in pain with her, but you will finish this book kwing so much more about this ever growing gluten-free craze.
- Author BiographyDr. Delise Dickard is the founder and clinical director of Riverside Counseling. After working in the Washington, D.C. office of a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, she worked as an administrator at Harvard University. She completed her doctorate in counseling psychology at the University of Sarasota and was also awarded a master's degree in drama from Harvard. Dr. Dickard has written a mental health column called Mindset for The Free Lance-Star newspaper. A native of Louisiana, she lives in Virginia.
- Author(s)Delise Dickard
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.