Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA darkly comic vel about the fall and rise of a TV presenter. Written by an insider, it's a page-turning account of life on the sofa and in front of the cameras. When Katie Fisher, morning TV presenter, returns from holiday it's to discover that she's literally yesterday's news. Publicly sacked from her job as anchor of Hello Britain! and replaced by a pert young thing, she does what any self-respecting thirty something would in these circumstances - she makes a dash for her parents and hits the bottle.But Katie, sooner or later, has to face the world, the photographers, and the backstage intrigue of morning television: the cut-throat, lecherous producers, the ambitious but vacant Keera, and Mike, her co-host, a trustworthy friend or just ather one of the many back-stabbers? Humour is Katie's only weapon and, as things hit rock-bottom, it could provide a perfect solution to life after the sofa.Kwing, insightful and darkly comic, Penny Smith's vel is the insider's view of TV.
- Author BiographyPenny Smith has worked as a journalist and TV presenter. She has presented the GMTV News Hour since 1993, and has also worked for Sky News and Classic FM. She also has a regular newspaper column. 'Coming Up Next' is her first novel.
- Author(s)Penny Smith
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight228 g
- Width126 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $11.88Trending at AU $15.37
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.