All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionIncluded in this frequently inspiring and often poignant volume of plays, originally published in 1985, are works penned in the same era as the Vietnam War from some of the most revered playwrights in the national can. The challenging work within from playwrights like Terrence McNally, Emily Mann and David Rabe reflects on the social and political ethos of this pivotal moment for America.</p>Plays include <i>Streamers </i>by David Rabe, <i>Botticelli </i>by Terrence McNally, <i>How I Got That Story </i>by Amlin Gray, <i>Medal of Hor Rag </i>by Tom Cole, <i>Moonchildren </i>by Michael Weller, <i>Still Life </i>by Emily Mann, and <i>Strange Sw </i>by Stephen Metcalfe.
- Author Biography<b>James Reston, Jr.</b> is an American author and journalist. Reston is the author of 13 books, three plays, and numerous articles in national magazines. His works of both fiction and non-fiction cover mostly historical and political topics. He was awarded the Prix Italia and the Dupont-Columbia Award for his 1983 90-minute radio documentary on National Public Radio, <i>Father Cares: the Last of Jonestown</i>. Three of his works, <i>Galileo: A Life, The Last Apocalypse</i>, and <i>Warriors of God</i>, have been translated into ten foreign languages. <i>Warriors of God</i> and <i>Collision at Home Plate</i> have been optioned by Hollywood. His latest work, <i>The Accidental Victim</i>, is a non-fiction book about John F. Kennedy's assassination which argues that Texas Governor John Connally was Lee Harvey Oswald's intended victim. Reston's articles have appeared in <i>The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Time, The New York Times Magazine, George, Esquire, American Theatre, Playboy</i>, and <i>Rolling Stone</i>. In recent years he has lectured widely in the United States and overseas on the millennium and the Crusades, citing their relevance to modern issues.
- Author(s)James Reston
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight544 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.