All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionFiction. Translated from the French by Christine Schwartz Hartley and Anna Moschovakis. COMMENTARY is a narrative hovering between the genres of memoir, theory, and fiction about a female artist whose abandonment by a lover precipitates a refiguration of her ideas on life, love and art. Sauvageot died, after many stints in sanatoriums, at the age of 34. Commentaire was highly prasied in its time by Paul Claudel, Paul Valery, Andre Gide, Charles Du Bos, Rene Crevel ou Clara Malraux. This edition is co-translated by Christine Schwartz Hartley (African Psycho) and Anna Moschovakis (The Jokers, The Possession).When, in the morning, daybreak awakens us f rom a dream, we close our eyes and remain still, trying to recreate and continue the scene. But the day's light has destroyed everything: words are without sound, gestures without meaning. It is like a vanishing rainbow: some hues survive for an instant, disappear, seem to return: there is thing left.
- Author(s)Marcelle Sauvageot
- PublisherUgly Duckling Presse
- Date of Publication15/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleDossier
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUgly Duckling Presse
- Weight308 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.