All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionNatural moral law stands at the center of Western ethics and jurisprudence and plays a leading role in interreligious dialogue. Although the greatest source of the classical natural law tradition is Thomas Aquinas's Treatise on Law, the Treatise is toriously difficult, especially for nspecialists. J. Budziszewski has made this formidable work lumius. This book - the first classically styled, line-by-line commentary on the Treatise in centuries - reaches out to philosophers, theologians, social scientists, students, and general readers alike. Budziszewski shows how the Treatise facilitates a dialogue between author and reader. Explaining and expanding upon the text in light of modern philosophical developments, he expounds this work of the great thinker t by diminishing his reasoning, but by amplifying it.
- Author BiographyJ. Budziszewski is a Professor of Government and Philosophy at the University of Texas, Austin. He also teaches courses in the religious studies department and in the law school, and he maintains a personal scholarly website, www.undergroundthomist.org. Dr Budziszewski has published widely in both scholarly journals and magazines of broader readership. His books include The Resurrection of Nature: Political Theory and the Human Character (1986), The Nearest Coast of Darkness: A Vindication of the Politics of Virtues (1988), True Tolerance: Liberalism and the Necessity of Judgment (1992), Written on the Heart: The Case for Natural Law (1997), winner of a Christianity Today book award in 1998, The Revenge of Conscience: Politics and the Fall of Man (1999), What We Can't Not Know: A Guide (2003), Evangelicals in the Public Square: Four Formative Voices (2006), Natural Law for Lawyers (2006), The Line Through the Heart: Natural Law as Fact, Theory, and Sign of Contradiction (2009) and On the Meaning of Sex (2012).
- Author(s)J. Budziszewski
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.