All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionA commercial lease is the law. Unlike other areas of real estate that are subject to major statutory structures, most states have only limited statutory authority on commercial leases. Therefore, to negotiate the best lease for your client, it is essential to anticipate and address upfront any potential disputes that may occur as the lease document itself will determine how the law should be applied. Written by attorneys who each negotiate over 200 leases a year, this is a practical examination of commercial lease negotiations and language. Every lease negotiation encompasses kwledge of and collaboration with several disciplines, including construction, engineering, accounting, and tax. The authors discuss key negotiating topics, and each discussion is followed by valuable sample clauses language that address the issue. Topics address common commercial lease issues, including:* The critical pre-opening period, including construction, contingencies, and warranties* Leasing and use restrictions* Securing lease obligations* Priority lien rights* Financial issues, including percentage rent, taxes, and insurance* Common areas* Lease transfers and co-tenancy* Mixed-use projects* Purchase of outlots* MaintenanceEach chapter is followed by a conclusion that highlights key issues, plus an appendix with sample language for the most critical issues being negotiated in that aspect of the commercial lease.
- Author BiographyMark Dall is a real estate lawyer in Indianapolis, IN, residing in Fisher, Indiana.Noble C. Hatfield is a real estate, contract, and transactional lawyer in Indianapolis, IN, and resides in Carmel, IN.
- Author(s)Mark Dall,Noble C. Hatfield
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication07/08/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Weight549 g
- Width178 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.