All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionCommiserating with Devastated Things seeks to understand the place Milan Kundera calls the universe of the vel. Working through Kundera's oeuvre as well as the continental philosophical tradition, Wirth argues that Kundera transforms-t applies-philosophical reflection within literature. Reading between Kundera's work and his self-avowed tradition, from Kafka to Hermann Broch, Wirth asks what it might mean to insist that philosophy does t have a mopoly on wisdom, that the vel has its own modes of wisdom that challenge philosophy's.
- Author BiographyJason Wirth is Professor of Philosophy at Seattle University. He is the author of The Conspiracy of Life: Meditations on Schelling and His Time.
- Author(s)Jason M. Wirth
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePerspectives in Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Weight540 g
- Width5817 mm
- Height3887 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.