All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionCommodities have become an important component of many investors' portfolios and the focus of much political controversy over the past decade. This book utilizes structural models to provide a better understanding of how commodities' prices behave and what drives them. It exploits differences across commodities and examines a variety of predictions of the models to identify where they work and where they fail. The findings of the analysis are useful to scholars, traders and policy makers who want to better understand often puzzling - and extreme - movements in the prices of commodities from aluminium to oil to soybeans to zinc.
- Author BiographyCraig Pirrong is Professor of Finance and Energy Markets Director for the Global Energy Management Institute at the Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston. He was previously Watson Family Professor of Commodity and Financial Risk Management at Oklahoma State University and a faculty member at the University of Michigan, the University of Chicago and Washington University. Professor Pirrong's research focuses on commodities and commodity derivative pricing, the relation between market fundamentals and commodity price dynamics and the implications of this relation for the pricing of commodity derivatives, derivatives market regulation, commodity market manipulation and the organization of commodity markets. He has published 35 articles in professional publications and is the author of three books. He has consulted widely with financial exchanges around the world, testified before Congress on energy pricing and served as an expert witness in a variety of cases involving commodity markets. He holds a Ph.D. in business economics from the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Craig Pirrong
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note62 b/w illus. 8 tables
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.