All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionCommodity Risk Management goes beyond just an introductory treatment of derivative securities, dealing with more advanced topics and approaching the subject matter from a unique perspective. At its core lies the concept that commodity risk management decisions require an in-depth understanding of speculative strategies, and vice versa. The book offers readers a unified treatment of important concepts and techniques that are useful in applying derivative securities in the management of risk in commodity markets. While some of these techniques are well kwn and fairly common, Poitras offers applications to specific situations and links to speculative trading strategies - extensions of the material that t only are hard to come by, but helpful to both the academic and the practitioner. The book is divided into three parts. The first part deals with the general framework for commodity risk management, the second part focuses on the use of derivative security contracts in commodity risk management, and the third part deals with applications to three specific situations. As a textbook, this book is designed to appeal to classes at a senior undergraduate/MBA/MA levelof training in Finance, financial ecomics, actuarial science, management science, agriculturalecomics and accounting. There will also be interest for the book as: a mograph for research libraries, a handbook for individuals working in the commodity risk management industry, and a guidebook for those in the general public interested in topics like farm risk management or the assessment of hedging practices of publicly-traded commodity producers.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Poitras is a Professor of Finance at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada. In addition to working as a securities analyst with the Bank of Canada in Ottawa, where he served as Government of Canada Treasury bill and bond auction manager, Professor Poitras has authored seven books and numerous peer reviewed journal articles. His research interests focus on: applied financial econometrics; security analysis; the use of derivative securities in risk management and speculation; business ethics; and the history of financial economics.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Poitras
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/02/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note75 black & white tables, 24 black & white halftones, 42 black & white line drawings
- Weight914 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.