All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdeal for amateur birders, nature enthusiasts, and visitors to the Atlantic coast, this guide presents 103 species of birds commonly seen on the beaches and in the marsh and inland areas of Georgia's coastal region. The guide features large color photographs for easy and immediate identification and is divided into three sections that reflect distinct types of coastal habitats--backyards, ponds and marshes, and shore and ocean. Within these three sections, the species are arranged by size of bird, from smaller birds, such as painted buntings, to larger ones, such as brown pelicans.Information for each bird species includes common and scientific names, distinguishing marks and characteristics, and descriptions of bird calls, typical habitats, and nesting and feeding behaviors. Accounts also show variations in plumage according to sex, age, and season. A perfect companion for residents and visitors alike, Common Birds of Coastal Georgia also serves as an excellent introduction to birding, bird identification, and conservation.
- Author BiographyJim Wilson is the author or coauthor of five bird guides including Common Birds of Greater Atlanta (Georgia). He is past president of the Atlanta Audubon Society and served as Important Bird Areas coordinator for the state of Georgia from 2000 to 2006.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note215 colour photographs, 1 map
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.