Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $55.90
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionInfectious diseases remain a major problem for physicians and other health professionals dealing with problems of the reproductive system. Accordingly, this two-volume comprehensive presentation of infectious diseases involving the male and female reproductive systems promises to be a major contribution in this field and to fill a much-needed vacuum. During the past three decades, the introduction of antimicrobial therapy has dramatically altered both the clinical presentation and the therapeutic approaches employed in dealing with the traditional infections of the repro- ductive system. In addition, the changing demographics of infectious problems in the industrial countries and the developing world have been a source of concern. A good deal of important information on this topic is included in this series. In recent years, considerable attention has been given to the role of Myco- plasma and Chlamydia in both male and female infertility and the problems related to genital herpes and human papilloma virus infections. Current clinical information is included on these infections as well as on newer aspects of diagsis, such as the use of laparoscopy in the diagsis and treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease. Also addressed is new information regarding the role of actimycosis in pelvic infections; current problems such as toxic shock syndrome and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) are reviewed as well. New concepts are included in these vohimes to complement the clinical information. The attachment of microbial organisms to sperm may help to explain access of these and other organisms to the upper female genital tract.
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- Series TitleInfections in Reproductive Health Care S.
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight605 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byL. G. Keith
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.