All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing real-life cases describing patients with neuro-ophthalmic disorders, this book is a case-based teaching tool that bridges the gap between textbook information and everyday clinical practice. Each case illustrates a particular area of frequent diagstic confusion, and highlights the specific clinical features that should point to the correct diagsis. Focusing on errors in this way serves as motivation to the clinician to master the material so that 'pitfalls' can be avoided. The level of the case discussions assumes that the reader has some familiarity with basic neuroanatomy, physiology and disease process but each case discussion furnishes a brief review of such information, always with an emphasis on those features that are clinically relevant. The case-histories are succinct and amply illustrated, including motility and fundus photographs, visual fields and radiographic studies. The narrative is moved along with questions to the reader, making it easy to follow the logic of the cases.
- Author BiographyValerie A. Purvin is Director of the Neuro-ophthalmology Section at the Midwest Eye Institute, Indianapolis, and Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology and Neurology at Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. Aki Kawasaki is Chief of the Pupil Laboratory, Department of Neuro-ophthalmology at the University of Lausanne Eye Center, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Aki Kawasaki,Valerie A. Purvin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/01/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note27 b/w illus. 24 tables
- Weight420 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.