All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovering verbal and n-verbal communication, Paddy-Joe Moran presents 35 simple tips and strategies to help professionals improve their communication and relationships with individuals on the autism spectrum. The language that professionals choose to use can have a long-term impact on autistic people. This book provides easy-to-implement suggestions to guarantee effective and sensitive communication. It explains everything from person-first language through to the use of specific, rather than open-ended, questions, and a focus on taking the individual's lead with their preferred language and termilogy is central to the book.
- Author BiographyPaddy-Joe Moran was diagnosed with autism when he was eight. He is a writer and blogger and runs the online advice service Ask-Pergers?. Paddy-Joe co-authored Helping Children with Autism Spectrum Conditions through Everyday Transitions and Create a Reward Plan for your Child with Asperger Syndrome, both published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. He is based in Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)Paddy-Joe Moran
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight68 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine5 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.