All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionProfessionals in early years settings can use this book to focus on ways in which they can work collaboratively with colleagues, in order to help children with communication difficulties to understand and express themselves more fully. It brings together the most useful examples of good practice and draws on the work of reflective practitioners. There are many illustrative case studies provided and it discusses how to observe children's daily interactions, ways in which such observations can be used to improve communication skills; how play can be an important part of improvement; behavior management and support; and literacy development. The practical applications are highlighted throughout the book and the advice given comes directly from those working in early years settings. It should be of great interest to all nursery teachers, teaching assistants, speech and language therapists and parents wishing to play an active part in their children's development of language and communication skills.
- Author BiographyFleur Griffiths worked for many years as a nursery and primary school teacher, before becoming an Educational Psychologist. She is Senior Lecturer in Early Childhood Studies in the School of Education at the University of Sunderland.
- Author(s)Fleur Griffiths
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.