All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopular culture provides a daily catalog of cultural attitudes, values, and practices. From television sitcoms to the daily news, from the theater to the sports stadium, we observe embodiments and enactments of character, virtue, honesty, and integrity (or lack thereof) in situations we find understandable, if t familiar. The essays in this volume address popular mediated constructions of ethical and unethical communication in news, sports, advertising, film, television, and the internet. Emphasis is on the consumption of popular culture messages, as well as how auditors make moral sense out of what they read, hear, and observe.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Phyllis M. Japp is Associate Professor of Communication Studies at University of Nebraska, where she received her Ph.D. in communication studies. Mark Meister is Associate Professor of Communication Studies at North Dakota State University. He received his Ph.D. in communication studies from University of Nebraska. Debra K. Japp is Professor of Communication Studies at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota. She received her Ph.D. in communication studies from University of Nebraska.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitlePopular Culture and Everyday Life
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight450 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDebra K. Japp,Mark Meister,Phyllis M. Japp
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.