All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and student friendly book dwells on various aspects of technical communication that students of science and engineering should be familiar with. Divided into two parts, Part A of the text describes in detail the planning, designing and drafting of documents for a broad range of situations and applications. The text explores the types of business letters reflecting current practices, and different techniques of drafting them. Since, in the professional settings, executives have to work in teams, the book explains various causes of communication breakdown and ways to overcome them. A separate chapter is devoted to Advertising. Part B elaborates on Group Communication taking into consideration the collective and individual requirements. This part also includes individual chapters on Effective Presentation, Non-Verbal Cues, Speeches, Interviews, and Negotiation Skills so as to orient young professionals towards new challenges. This compact book is intended primarily as a text for undergraduate students of engineering and science. Besides, students of business management would also find the book immensely valuable. In addition, the text would be a handy reference for practicing professionals who wish to hone their communication skills for achieving better results and should prove extremely useful for those involved in everyday communication.
- Author(s)Sangeeta Sharma
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Out-of-print date24/05/2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.