All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is probably the first book that employs the technique of simulation experiments as a means of reinforcing the basic concepts of communication theory. Undergraduate students are generally exposed to a mathematically rigorous treatment of communications theory but seldom have the benefit of a practical-orientated approach employing modelling and simulation for a thorough assimilation of the subject. This book can supplement any standard textbook to cover this significant lacuna in the existing learning methodology. It uses MATLAB(R), the language of the technical computing fraternity, for the purpose. The introductory chapters provide an overview of computer simulation and MATLAB programming concepts. Thereafter, communications concepts are presented in the traditional manner but followed up with appropriate simulations in MATLAB/Simulink(R). Relevant MATLAB source code is given whenever it is used to illustrate a point. All the source code given in the text has been tested on MATLAB kernel version 7.10 (Release R2010a) and is provided in the accompanying CD.
- Author BiographyK.C. Raveendranathan obtained his BSc (Engg.) in electronics and communications engineering with distinction from the College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram (CET), in 1984. He worked in Bharat Electronics Limited, Bangalore, from 1985 to 1988, where he was involved in the design and development of MW transmitters for Prasar Bharathi. His first book, 1/0 Solutions to Everyday Problems in Science and Engineering, a philosophical work published in the late 1980s, was well accepted by academia. He joined CET in June 1988 as a lecturer in electronics and communication engineering. He obtained his masters in engineering (ME) from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 1993, specializing in optical/computer communications. Presently, he is working as a professor at the Government Engineering College Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram. He has presented/published over 15 papers in national and international conferences and journals and guided over a dozen UG projects and seven M.Tech. theses. His research interests include digital signal processing, wireless communication, fuzzy logic, next-generation computing and simulation techniques. He is a life member of ISTE, life fellow of IE (India) and IETE, and a senior member of the IEEE.
- Author(s)K.C. Raveendranathan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width175 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.