Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionNew communication techlogies are being introduced at an astonishing rate. Making sense of these techlogies is increasingly difficult. Communication Techlogy Update is the single best source for the latest developments, trends, and issues in communication techlogy. Now in its 11th edition, Communication Techlogy Update has become an indispensable information resource for business, government, and academia. As always, every chapter has been completely rewritten to reflect the latest developments and market statistics, and w covers mobile computing, digital photography, personal computers, digital television, and electronic games, in addition to the two dozen techlogies explored in the previous edition. The book has also been expanded to cover industry structure and regulation, history, and theory along with full coverage of the latest techlogies! The book's companion website offers updated information submitted by chapter authors and offers links to other Internet resources. The book gives students and professionals the latest information in all areas of communication techlogies. The companion website offers updated information to this text, plus links to related industry resources. The book focuses on global techlogies and includes coverage of other emerging techlogies, as well as fully updated statistics for all techlogies.
- Author BiographyDr. August E. ( Augie ) Grant is Senior Consultant for Focus 25 Research &Consulting, advising technology companies on strategies for introducing newtechnologies. Grant is a technology futurist who specializes in research onnew media technologies and consumer behavior, with a specialty inintegrating both quantitative and qualitative research to provide a richunderstanding of consumer behavior. Grant has been published in virtuallyevery major academic journal in the communication field, and hispublications deal with adoption and use of emerging communicationtechnologies, broadband services, audience behavior, and theories of newmedia. Jennifer H. Meadows is Associate Professor in the Media Arts Option of the Department of Communication Design at California State University, Chico. She earned her M.A.in Radio, Television and Motion Pictures at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a Ph.D. in Radio-Television-Film from the University of Texas at Austin. Her teaching and research integrate practical and theoretical concerns related to television production, the relationships between media and users, and changing media behavior in the new media marketplace. In addition to her teaching and research, she is Executive Producer for Milk Crate Productions and is a consultant to media organizations.
- Author(s)August E. Grant,Jennifer Harman Meadows
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Out-of-print date04/12/2010
- Content NoteApprox. 100 illustrations
- Weight848 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.