All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, the first book-length work to address effective family communication during times of crisis, leading researchers provide in-depth discussions of communication theory vis-a-vis specific scientific analysis of families in crisis. Three general types of crises are examined: relational crises (infidelity, infertility, identity shifts, parental deployment, death of a child); health crises (mothers with breast cancer, children with disabilities, pediatric cancer, geriatric health crises); and ecomic crises (job loss, divorce, homelessness, post-hurricane survival). Each chapter ends with practical advice for families on how to communicate effectively during crisis. Given its presentation of diverse theories, research methodologies, and crises, this volume can serve as a useful textbook for graduate courses in communication and family studies. In addition, the accessible writing style and engaging topics make it an ideal supplemental text for upper division undergraduate classes and a useful resource for practitioners who assist families in crisis.
- Author BiographyFran C. Dickson received her PhD from Bowling Green State University. She is Professor and Department Chair of Communication Studies at Chapman University. Her research focuses primarily on later-life adults' communication in personal and family relationships. Lynne M. Webb received her PhD from the University of Oregon. She is Professor of Communication at the University of Arkansas. Her research focuses primarily on young adults' interpersonal communication in romantic and family contexts.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/12/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight690 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byFran C. Dickson,Lynne M. Webb
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.