All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.14
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.89
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.64
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.36
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.42
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the behind-the-scenes stories of the inventors and inventions that primed the world for our current communications, media, and information explosion. Communications and Broadcasting, Revised Edition sets the scene with a look at the development and interconnection of scientific ideas: electromagnetism, leading to the telegraph and telephone; Maxwell's wave theory, leading to radio and television; and communications and information theory, from Claude Shann to the World Wide Web and beyond. Then there are engaging portraits of the inventors themselves - visionaries who were part scientist, part engineer, and part entrepreneur. Students will find out how they made modern communications possible, and how they repeatedly recast its media.
- Author BiographyHarry Henderson is an educational and technical editor and writer in the areas of mathematics and computer science. He is the author of Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology, Global Terrorism, Revised Edition, Modern Mathematicians, and Nuclear Physics.
- Author(s)Harry Henderson
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleMilestones in Discovery & Invention S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note17 black-&-white photographs & 23 line illustrations, chapter-specific chronologies, general chronology, further reading, glossary, index
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.