All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionCommunications for ICT is an essential guide to technical communication for IT professionals. Whether you want to become a Technical Writer, or simply an IT professional who wants to become better at doing documentation (and that can boost your career), this handy guide is for you. Going well beyond the conventional technical communication text book, it also includes important topics such as professional conduct, argument/persuasion, software project documentation (like requirements specifications), international communication, high-performance project teams and the ethical techlogist. These are in addition to how to write technical reports, user manuals and whitepapers. Communications for ICT is the prescribed text for a course by the same name in the School of ICT at Griffith University, a top-ten research university in Australia. The author combines 15 years of practical experience as a technical writer in the IT industry, with his ongoing academic teaching and research since 1999. Dr. Tuffley has produced a practical guide that can be understood and applied by any IT industry worker wishing to develop these important, but often neglected skills. Free Template. Offering outstanding value for money, Communications for ICT provides you with instruction that is the equivalent of a high-quality university level, education. Included in the price are handy downloadable templates that allow the would-be technical writer to be off to a flying start with documents such as user guides, software requirements specifications, design documentation and test plans.
- Author BiographyDavid Tuffley PhD is lecturer and researcher at Griffith University in Australia. David is a Software Engineer, though his interests range widely across Psychology, Anthropology, Literature, Philosophy, History, Design and Architecture. David has been an academic since 1999 teaching a range of courses including technical communication and professional issues in computing. During that time he has been an Software Engineering Institute-authorized CMMI Instructor, and an active consultant working with industry partners to improve their software and systems development capabilities. For 15 years before academia David was a consultant for public and private sector IT clients in Australia and the United Kingdom. David's focus has been on technical writing, business analysis and model-based process improvement. He combines theory and practice in a focussed and disciplined way that has proved effective for solving problems for clients.
- Author(s)Dr David John Tuffley
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.