All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFirst play by established Irish poet and velist - premiered at the Abbey Theatre, Dublin Set in a bedroom in well-to-do Dublin, Communion is about two brothers in their early thirties. Jordan, a trainee doctor, is bedbound and dying of a tumour; Marcus, brilliant and charismatic, has been a psychiatric patient. Around the deathbed gather their long-suffering mother, an ebullient neighbour, Marcus's girlfriend, and their healthily sceptical priest. But gloom is repeatedly dispelled by the liveliness of the dialogue and characters and by the buoyant humour on display - particularly at the expense of the Catholic Church. Communion was premiered in the Peacock at the Abbey Theatre, Dublin on 25 April 2002. One of Mathews' collections of poems, According to the Small Hours, is described as 'exploring the connections between the sacred and the profane, the sublime and the everyday' - which could also be said of Communion...
- Author BiographyAidan Mathews' other work includes the novels Muesli at Midnight (Minerva 1991), Lipstick on the Host (Vintage 1993) and Nora's Notebooks (Cape 1999), and collections of poetry such as According to the Small Hours (Cape 1998). Communion is his first play. He is a radio producer at RTE in Dublin, specialising in drama and religious programmes.
- Author(s)Aidan Carl Mathews
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication26/04/2002
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleAbbey Theatre Playscript S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Out-of-print date17/09/2007
- Weight115 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.