All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.68Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionCommunity-Based Research and Higher Education is the long-awaited guide to how to incorporate a powerful and promising new form of scholarship into academic settings. The book presents a model of community-based research (CBR) that engages community members with students and faculty in the course of their academic work. Unlike traditional academic research, CBR is collaborative and change-oriented and finds its research questions in the needs of communities. This dynamic research model combines classroom learning with social action in ways that can ultimately empower community groups to address their own agendas and shape their own futures. At the same time it emphasizes the development of kwledge and skills that truly prepare students for active civic engagement.
- Author BiographyKerry Strand is the Andrew G. Truxal Professor of Sociology and director of the Center for Community Research, Hood College. Sam Marullo is associate professor and chair of the sociology department at Georgetown University and cofounder and director of the community Research and Learning (CoRAL) Network of Washington, D.C. Nick Cutforth is associate professor of educational leadership in the College of Education at the University of Denver. Randy Stoecker is professor of sociology at the University of Toledo. Patrick Donohue is assistant professor of political science, Middlesex County College, and interim director, Trenton Center for Campus and Community Partnerships.
- Author(s)Kerry J. Strand,Nicholas Cutforth,Patrick Donohue,Randy Stoecker,Sam Marullo
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2003
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight518 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.