All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book gives an up-to-date profile of all aspects of the care of older people in the community, with particular emphasis on the importance of maintaining function and independence as well as health. In a uniquely broad approach, the book is edited by two family doctors with a particular interest in the elderly and a consultant geriatrician, and the varied subjects are each presented by experts in their field. This accessible book enables primary care teams to produce optimal standards of care in old age, and is helpful in the organization of preventive care programmes. Emphasizing the need for joint working, the book draws together practical kwledge and skills to produce an essential source of reference and advice for all those involved in delivering a co-ordinated service. It is essential reading for all doctors in general practice and in public health, medical students and all other professionals whose work brings them into contact with elderly people. It is particularly useful for general practice teams, allied professionals such as nurses and physiotherapists, as well as patients and carers seeking an understanding of good practice. It also contains much practical information vital to the work of voluntary agencies, social service departments and specialists in geriatric medicine.
- Author(s)David Beales,etc.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/11/1997
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Content Note1
- Weight359 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.