All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, a training tool for the 21st-century community college leader and administrator, deconstructs outdated practices and constructs new approaches to how contemporary community college leadership is viewed, practiced, and envisioned. Both timely and comprehensive, the book develops new models that are focused on facilitating leadership invation, and encourages both formal and informal leaders to become active agents for change. A relevant case study, written by an experienced community college leader, follows each chapter. This book will be useful for courses in administration, leadership, management, and related areas, and presents contemporary skills for anyone who is a leader and/or administrator in an organization.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Carlos Nevarez is Director and Associate Professor of the Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program at California State University, Sacramento. He received his doctorate in educational leadership and policy studies and his Master's in counseling, both from Arizona State University. His interests lie at the intersection of leadership, equity, and organizational change, and he has published numerous articles, reports, and policy briefs. He serves as Chair of the American Educational Research Association's special interest group Multicultural/Multiethnic Education: Research, Theory, and Practice. Nevarez is also the co-editor of the Journal of Transformative Leadership and Policy Studies. J. Luke Wood serves as the Statewide Co-Coordinator of the Arizona Program for Policy, Ethics, and Education Leadership. He received his doctorate in educational leadership and policy studies with a concentration in higher education at Arizona State University. Wood is also the co-editor of the Journal of African American Males in Education, and Vice Chair of the Multicultural/Multiethnic Education: Research, Theory, and Practice special interest group of the American Educational Research Association. He is a member of the Maricopa County Community College District Minority Male Initiative and is a former outreach representative for Sacramento City College.
- Author(s)Carlos Nevarez,J. Luke Wood
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducation Management
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight450 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.