All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionTo what extent are the ideas and practice of community development across Europe similar? Community Development and Civil Society explores this question with special reference to the UK and Hungary and shows how community development connects powerfully with civil society, a concept that today has global significance. Paul Henderson and Ilona Vercseg argue that community development is both a profession and a social movement and is relevant to a wide range of issues.They interweave case studies with discussion of principles and theory.The book's critical and accessible approach will appeal especially to students and practitioners.
- Author BiographyPaul Henderson has been involved in community development for over 30 years, most recently with the Community Development Foundation. He has written about community development in both the UK and the rest of Europe. Ilona Vercseg is Honorary President of the Hungarian Association for Community Development, and a University Lecturer and Senior Trainer with the Civil College Foundation. She undertakes experimental research and analysis, teaches community development and builds international contacts.
- Author(s)Ilona Vercseg,Paul Henderson
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.