All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a tremendous need for community development practice in the Asia-Pacific region due to its size and prevailing diverse socio-ecomic, political and cultural needs and issues. Both developed and developing countries have been reemphasizing the importance of community development and have introduced several schemes or programs for overall development. Mahar Pawar familiarizes readers with the region, presents the major social, ecomic and political issues, looks at values and principles, and critically analyses challenges and shows opportunities for community development practice in the region. This book will allow for anyone interested in community development both at local and global levels - scholars, n-government organizations (NGOs), government organisations, international aid agencies - to gain a broad understating of community development trends in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Author BiographyDr. Manohar Pawar has more than 20 years of experience in social work education, research and practice in Australia and India. He is currently an Associate Professor in Social Work and Human Services, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, and a principal researcher of the Institute for Land Water and Society, Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, Australia. Pawar has published several books, including International Social Work: Issues, Strategies and Programs (Sage 2006); Data Collecting Methods and Experiences (2004, New Dawn Press), Community Informal Care and Welfare Systems (2002, Vista); Job Network and Employment Services in Wagga Wagga (2001, Bobby Graham); Towards Poverty Alleviation in Rural Australia (2000, CRSR); Social Development Content in Social Work Education (1997, RSDC); and Justice Processing Sans Justice (1993, TISS).
- Author(s)Manohar S. Pawar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Development and Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 22
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.