All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionCommunity, home, and identity are concepts that have concerned scholars in a variety of fields for some time. Legal scholars, sociologists, anthropologists, psychologists, and ecomists, among others, have studied the impacts of home and community on one's identity and how one's identity is manifested in one's home and in one's community. This volume brings together some of the leading thinkers about the connections between community, home and identity. Several chapters address how the law and lawyers contribute (or detract) from the creation and maintenance of community and, in some cases, the conscious destruction of communities. Others examine the protection of individual and group identities through rules related to property title and use of such things as Home and 'identity property'.
- Author BiographyMichael Diamond is Professor of Law at Georgetown University Law Center where he is the Director of Georgetown's Harrison Institute for Housing and Community Development and directs its Housing and Community Development Clinic. He also teaches Corporations and Property. He has published extensively on these and related subjects. Terry L. Turnipseed is Associate Professor of Law, Syracuse University College of Law. His research interests include eminent domain, sexual individual rights, spousal property rights upon death, trust fiduciary law, and transfer taxation. Teaching interests include voting rights, eminent domain, property, wills and trusts, estate planning, and estate and gift taxation. He has published widely in these and related areas.
- Author(s)Terry L. Turnipseed
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleLaw, Property and Society
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight616 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMichael Diamond
- Series Edited byProfessor Robin Paul Malloy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.