All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of Community Mental Health quickly established itself as one of the most comprehensive and timely books about mental health practice in community settings. Readers will find that this new edition is also on the leading edge of the field, providing the most up-to-date research and treatment models in the field. Experts from a wide range of professions - social work, nursing, psychology, psychiatry, public health, sociology, and law - explore the major trends, best practices, and policy issues shaping community mental health services today. Coverage of each topic shifts the focus from management to recovery in the treatment of chronically mentally ill patients. Coverage of organizational and policy issues gives students a head start on mastering the overarching factors that shape their field. This book offers the greatest breadth of coverage available, including hot-button topics like the following: * evidence-based treatments * neuropsychiatric perspectives * Diversity * Substance abuse New chapters cover a variety of special populations, which ensures students are prepared to work with a wide range of issues, including: * returning veterans * military families and families of the mentally ill * people affected by the Great Recession * teenagers * children * the homeless Students preparing to become mental health professionals, practitioners in community mental health settings, and policy planners and advocates engaged in the evaluation and development of programs in the human services will find this text to be an invaluable resource in their training and work. A collection of supplemental resources are available online to benefit both instructors and students. Instructors will find PowerPoint slides and test banks to aid in conducting their courses, and students can access a library of helpful learning activities, suggested readings and resources, and a glossary of important terms. These materials can be accessed at http://www.routledgementalhealth.com/cw/rosenberg.
- Author BiographyJessica Rosenberg is Associate Professor of Social Work at Long Island University. Samuel J. Rosenberg is Dean of the School of Social Science and Human Services and Professor of Social Work and Sociology at Ramapo College of New Jersey.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJessica Rosenberg,Samuel Rosenberg
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.