All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionCommunity structure is a salient structural characteristic of many real-world networks. Communities are generally hierarchical, overlapping, multi-scale and coexist with other types of structural regularities of networks. This poses major challenges for conventional methods of community detection. This book will comprehensively introduce the latest advances in community detection, especially the detection of overlapping and hierarchical community structures, the detection of multi-scale communities in heterogeneous networks, and the exploration of multiple types of structural regularities. These advances have been successfully applied to analyze large-scale online social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter. This book provides readers a convenient way to grasp the cutting edge of community detection in complex networks. The thesis on which this book is based was hored with the Top 100 Excellent Doctoral Dissertations Award from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and was minated as the Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation by the Chinese Computer Federation.
- Author BiographyHua-Wei Shen is currently an associate professor at the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, where he leads a research group on network analysis and social computing. His main research interests include network science, recommender system, and social network analysis. He received his PhD from the Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2010. His doctoral thesis was honored with the Top 100 Excellent Doctoral Dissertations Award by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and was nominated as the Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation by the Chinese Computer Federation. He has published more than 40 papers in prestigious journals and top international conferences, including PLoS ONE, Physical Review E, Journal of Statistical Mechanics, WWW, CIKM, WSDM, and IJCAI.
- Author(s)Hua-Wei Shen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication24/06/2015
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight215 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.