All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionTreatment for drug misuse has been dominated in recent years by the use of methadone as a substitution agent in heroin dependency. This approach has had considerable success, but as a result other treatment options have been neglected. This book draws on the author's direct clinical experience and makes use of international research findings to provide a comprehensive and detailed guide to service provision and treatment for drug misuse, including methadone and alternative opiate substitutes, detoxification methods, naltrexone and relapse prevention, and possible approaches with n-opiate users. There is a particular emphasis on social factors in drug misuse and dependency, and the consequent treatment issues and practical difficulties, and case studies are used throughout. Combining a highly practical approach with a strong research base, this book will be an essential resource for psychiatrists and other professionals involved in the management of drug misuse.
- Author BiographyNicholas Seivewright is Consultant Psychiatrist in Substance Misuse, Sheffield and Nottinghamshire NHS Trusts, UK.
- Author(s)Nicholas Seivewright
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/11/1999
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date17/01/2015
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 20 tables
- Weight555 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.