Commutative and Noncommutative Harmonic Analysis and Applications by American Mathematical Society (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.51+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $97.27Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the proceedings of the AMS Special Session on Wavelet and Frame Theoretic Methods in Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations, held September 22-23, 2012, at the Rochester Institute of Techlogy, Rochester, NY, USA. The book features new directions, results and ideas in commutative and ncommutative abstract harmonic analysis, operator theory and applications. The commutative part includes shift invariant spaces, abelian group action on Euclidean space and frame theory; the ncommutative part includes representation theory, continuous and discrete wavelets related to four dimensional Euclidean space, frames on symmetric spaces, $C^*$-algebras, projective multiresolutions, and free probability algebras. <br><br>The scope of the book goes beyond traditional harmonic analysis, dealing with Fourier tools, transforms, Fourier bases, and associated function spaces. A number of papers take the step toward wavelet analysis, and even more general tools for analysis/synthesis problems, including papers on frames (over-complete bases) and their practical applications to engineering, cosmology and astrophysics. Other applications in this book include explicit families of wavelets and frames, as they are used in signal processing, multiplexing, and the study of Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) radiation. <br><br>For the purpose of organisation, the book is divided into three parts: ncommutative, commutative, and applications. The first group of papers are devoted to problems in ncommutative harmonic analysis, the second to topics in commutative harmonic analysis, and the third to such applications as wavelet and frame theory and to some real-world applications.
- Author Biography<strong>Azita Mayeli</strong>, City University of New York, Queensborough Community College, Bayside, NY, USA<br><br><strong>Alex Iosevich</strong>, University of Rochester, NY, USA<br><br><strong>Palle E. T. Jorgensen</strong>, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA<br><br><strong>Gestur Olafsson</strong>, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- Series TitleContemporary Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 603
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byAlex Iosevich,Azita Mayeli,Gestur Olafsson,Palle E. T. Jorgensen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.