Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis A-Z reference work provides the first comprehensive reference guide to the wide range of historical writing with which women have been involved, particularly since the Renaissance. The Companion covers biographical writing, travelogue and historical fictions, broadening the concept of history to include the forms of writing with which women have historically engaged. The focus is on women writing in English internationally, but historical and historiographical traditions from beyond the English-speaking world are also examined. Brief biographies of individual writers are included.
- Author BiographyMARY SPONGBERG is Head of the Department of History, Politics and International Relations at Macquarie University, Australia. She is author of Feminising Venereal Disease and Writing Women's History Since the Renaissance, and editor of Australian Feminist Studies. ANN CURTHOYS is an Australian Research Council Professorial Fellow at the University of Sydney, Australia. She is the author of For and Against Feminism: A Personal Journey into Feminist Theory and History, and (with John Docker) of Is History Fiction? BARBARA CAINE is Professor of History at Monash University, Australia. Her publications include Destined to be Wives: The Sisters of Beatrice Webb and she is the General Editor of Australian Feminism: A Companion.
- Author(s)Ann Curthoys,Barbara Caine,Mary Spongberg
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication11/10/2005
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1256 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.